Sunday 4 October 2020

White (company) Magic

 


I have written about the White Company before and I do so again, with gusto. In summary, I just cannot get over the sheer civilization of that brand, the order of its stores and concessions, the quality of its merchandise, the harmony of the tones and graceful lines of its bedding accessories
and clothing. The White Company goods are not all white, of course, but occupy every shade on the monochrome register, from purest daylight to the grey of charcoal, twilight, and darkest night. And beige and champagne and mushroom, to the tones of darker earth. Indeed, stepping into a White Company store or concession is rather like, I imagine, being on the set of one of those glamorous, glorious 1930’s Hollywood movies, with Fred or Ginger about to begin tap-tapping about one of the bedroom showcases – white tie and tails, indeed! But it is the White Company CEOs who should take a bow, being ever at the helm of a brand that recognizes the need for calm in this ever-frenetic world. The WhiteCompany brand caters to the human appetite for harmonious surroundings, and comfortable yet stylish night attire and leisure wear as a relaxing downtime foil to the multi-coloured cacophony of the daytime world. On that note, I finish – but I have no doubt that I will return to this subject.

No comments: