Saturday 22 March 2014

Lamborghini: the Italian Dream Machine...

Lawksamussy and shiver my timbers! As a soon-to-be retiree (only 4,375 days to go until I leave the world of work), I was having visions of a life of idyll-ness; my feet up all day, contemplating crosswords and puzzles, drowning in biscuits and cocoa, blooming flowers peeping in the open window, the cat dozing on the sill...perish that thought. Soon, our highways and byways are going to rock to the sound of that Italian futurist dream machine, the Lamborghini, driven by an army of doting grandmothers and delighted grandads....dearie me! Whatever happened to the humble bus pass?
The Lamborghini made its first appearance in 1963, the child of Ferruccio Lamborghini, in response to the Italian demand for fast and beautiful machines, Ferrari, Bugati, et al, no doubt a result of Tomasso Marinetti's 1918 futurist manifesto, declaring the racing car to be more beautiful than the Victory of Samothrace, something like that. Now, the UK grey brigade is getting in on the act - don't ever say that this government doesn't fund performance art. Since I have not yet raised the quarter mil needed to buy my own machine, I leave you with a picture of the Lamborghini Aventador, courtesy of Google. All together now, vrrrooooooooooomm... See the kind of people who really drive the Lamborghini...

No comments: